KidsQuest – Offering a fun Pirate-themed adventure for kids ages 5-10!
KidsQuest is an interactive adventure for kids ages 5-10 that takes them on a “little-legs-conscious” tour of our faire site, meeting fun pirates and townsfolk – all while solving a mystery! Our cast (and our puppet!) interact with kids, bringing them into the show and asking for their help. KidsQuest teaches kids critical thinking skills, observation, as well as forwarding messages like sharing, teamwork, and kindness while having fun and adventure. Kids thwart the evil wizard Snifflewort, and at the end of every adventure they’re allowed to have a piece of pirate treasure from the KidsQuest treasure box for their very own! (Note: Parents are required to come along on the Quest, as anything else could be construed as child-thievin’ and we’re full up on cabin boys and girls at the moment.) Runs approximately 30 minutes; times vary. Check your stage schedule (available online and at our front gate) for show times and locales. Each quest is $5 per child.
KidsQuest Adventure – The Quest for the Blue Sapphire – Players help Captain (in training) Scarlett Seaworthy, her “little” brother One-Eyed Will Seaworthy, her faithful parrot Squawks and the rest of her crew find the mystical Blue Sapphire and the rest of her treasure before the evil, no-good Wizard Snifflewort does! Are you mates up to the challenge? Come aboard and sail with us and see!
- You may purchase your child’s ticket at the first Information Booth, located just inside the Front Gate. Tickets are available in this location until 12pm daily. If necessary, you may also purchase your ticket directly from a RenQuest cast member just before the show.
- Tickets are $5 per child.
- All KidsQuest shows begin near the Petting Zoo. Check your map for the precise location. (Maps are available at the Information Booths for a mere $1.)
- KidsQuest shows take approximately 30 minutes, start to finish.
- Parents are REQUIRED to follow along and monitor their child. (We aren’t in the business of kidnapping. Apparently, that’s frowned upon in Deptford.)
- KidsQuest participants all receive a small piece of treasure from the KidsQuest treasure chest. This is included in the ticket price.
- KidsQuest adventures all end in Kid’s Kingdom – where there’s LOTS of fun FREE things for your kids to enjoy!
- Start times vary, please see your show schedule (available at the front gate, all information booths, and posted at every stage location) for details.
- ASL interpreter available for all shows.
- Be prepared to have the MOST FUN EVER, because piracy is fun for ALL AGES!
Now kids aged 10 – 15 can get in on the fun without exhausting Mom and Dad, as well as tour the entire city of Deptford! TweenQuest is a self-guided hunt for Grace O’Malley’s lost treasure map that allows kids and their families to see all that our faire has to offer while still interacting with our townsfolk and having a pirate adventure! TweenQuest is educational and fun and runs all day. You determine your pace! Kids use logical reasoning to decipher clues and follow them to various locations throughout the faire site, where they will interact with our townsfolk in a variety of ways, from learning Elizabethan traditions, to practicing improvisational theatrical skills, to discovering arts and crafts of the time! TweenQuest will encourage your child to immerse him or herself into the vast and rich world we’ve created and invites them to play along and be part of the town! $7; self-guided, runs all day. Tickets to play TweenQuest are only available until 12PM daily at the first information booth, just inside the front gate. At 2PM TweenQuest tickets go back on sale at Grace’s camp, located between the dunk tank and the Royal Music Stage.
Kids will learn what it means to be true pirates by helping Grace O’Malley collect the lost pieces of her treasure map scattered throughout Port Deptford, interacting with a variety of curious characters along the way. Who knows what adventures you’ll find trying to secure Grace’s treasure? The only guarantee is that it’s sure to be fun! Will Grace find her treasure before the Sheriff and his Constables do? Not without your help!
RenQuest™ is an interactive adventure for ages 16 and up that takes them on a whirlwind adventure through the town of Port Deptford deciphering clues, meeting fun and quirky townsfolk, performing brave tasks, all while trying to avoid Deptford’s villains – the Constabulary! RenQuest™ is a day-long adventure that will take you to literally every corner of our beloved town – but it’s all in a day’s work for a member of our crew! RenQuest™ runs in two acts, and by day’s end you’ll be a successful pirate and feel like a genuine member of our town! RenQuest™ players use logical reasoning to solve puzzles and play games, as well as improvisational skills to develop their character’s life and times during their day in Deptford. Players also interact with our incredible faire townsfolk in a way that is unique – acting as part of the story, not just a bystander to it! Live the adventure! Play RenQuest™ today!
Now trusted friends of Grace and her crew, Players will help Grace collect signatures of commendation so that Her Majesty, Queen Elizabeth, will issue Grace a Letter of Marque –making her a legitimate and legal Privateer, rather than an illicit Pirate. Can Grace get the signatures in time? What does her rival, Sheriff Arch have to say about her quest? Come and find out! $10; Act one ends at 1PM, Act two plays until 4PM; tickets available at the Information booth near the front gate until 12PM daily!
How to Play RenQuest™ & TweenQuest
Once you have decided to strike out on great adventure, you may purchase your day of play at the first Information Booth, located just inside the Front Gate.
- You will receive your RenQuest™ Affiliation Badge.
- Badges identify RenQuest™ players to folks at the Faire and need to be worn whenever you are on a quest. Replacements for lost badges are $2.00
- Receive your Adventurer’s Passport. You will keep your Adventurer’s Passport. Replacements for lost passports are $5.00.
- Receive and sign your Code Of Conduct and Player Contact Information
- Find Captain Grace O’Malley to begin your quest.
- Receive your first quest and let the Adventure Begin!
If you want more information about the quests and about playing before choosing to play, either visit our information booth (the one nearest the front gate) or speak to a member of the crew. Members of the crew are marked with a leather bracer featuring the RenQuest™ logo of a dragon.
One step of the quest should lead you to the next. If you have any problems or questions, find a member of the crew to help you along. Members of the crew are marked with a leather bracer featuring the RenQuest™ logo of a dragon. Players are encouraged to immerse themselves in the world of the faire – ask townsfolk for help too!
Tickets to play RenQuest™ and TweenQuest are only available until 12PM daily at the first information booth, just inside the front gate. At 2PM TweenQuest tickets go back on sale at Grace’s camp, located between the dunk tank and the Royal Music Stage. Some parts of the quest are only featured at scheduled times. Check your Passport to be sure you’re not too early! If you have time to fill, try fulfilling a few Achievements!
Every person who attempts RenQuest™ is entered into a drawing for a FREE TICKET back to faire this season! This drawing is done at the end of the day after the final scene of the quest. You must be present to complete the Quest and to win!
We’ve expanded our game to include Achievements. These are sets of small tasks that once completed you may turn in to the RenQuest™ sales representative to get you an ADDITIONAL entry into the day’s drawing!
Join RenQuest™, and let thy adventure begin!